Tuesday, June 8, 2010

GIVE ME A PLASTIC RING AND TELL ME YOU LOVE ME


i gave everything for a man i thought would be the one. i changed myself to be the kind of girl he always wanted me to be. i took him in and gave him shelter, food, and clothing. i loved him with all of my heart. wherever i was, he was... but i always let him choose if he wanted to bring me along with him. i paid for everything because i understood that he had no money. i took care of him for 3 years... not asking for anything in return, but just hoping for him to want to be with me forever.

my family accepted him with open arms. and he became one of us we even put him through school... but as for me, his family never exchanged a days worth of words with me. he roamed open in our house, while i was only allowed in his room at his house. but i accepted it.

i did everything for him to be contented. but for some reason, when i talk about future plans, he seems to go astray and ignore it. he let me do all the planning. when my sister asked "what kind of wedding will you guys have? im sure abie wants a reall big one with lots of flowers" he just said "i dont know, she would plan everything when that time came." and that totally broke my heart.

i kept on going because i thought maybe someday he would pop the question, but that day never came.

no efforts for future plans at all... then came the day when his auntie came home from the states and she told me to marry him. i was thrilled! all i have been waiting for was right there in my hands. but as i was on my way back home i realized that this wasnt right. he should have been the one to tell me, not her. he should have made the moment perfect, he should have given me the right to the one moment i was aspiring for for years of being with him...
so i left.

and when we broke up (because i realized i was wasting my time loving someone who will never reciprocate that love) he found someone else... and within a month they cooperatively made plans together... a stab in my heart.


but after all of this i learned "don't be mad because it ended. be happy because it happened"





No comments:

Post a Comment